Thursday, August 11, 2011

"celebrating family"

“It’s not rushing through tasks to achieve a series of goals that is satisfying, it’s experiencing each moment along the way.”  Sue Bender


Today as I drank my morning coffee the longing to paint deepened as I glanced through one of my favorite magazines -  the article that caught my eye was about an artist, which made the longing that much stronger.  But as I wandered into my workroom my mind went back to this past week and all the precious moments lived.  I realized that before submitting to the urge to paint I needed to summarize some of the special moments we experienced as family in White Rock. 

Since many moments make up the whole I love this photo of the mosaics found on a set of steps along Marine Drive - they remind me of the variety and beauty of all that goes into life, family, and happiness.

We stayed at beautiful Kent Manor B&B with gracious and caring hostess, Lorna and her three welcoming “Cotons de Tulear” dogs.  http://www.kentmanor.ca









David in the front yard by the hydrangeas...beautiful blues.

Melissa in the back yard.
























Since the B&B was at the east end of Marine Drive we made many trips along the drive  between “our” end and Crescent Beach, finding spots to stop and enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of Semiahmoo Bay and the White Rock "promenade."

Crescent Beach




White Rock Pier

shops

We found a lot of places to eat and have coffee - lots of pictures were taken on various cameras!

 


had a scone with jam and devonshire cream - great!
great coffee




 





















Our reason for going to White Rock was for Andrew's and Rebekah’s wedding.  It was wonderful to spend time together as a family for such a special reason.
Andrew [no it isn't a black halo:)] & Rebekah
Their new home – the lower level suite







The wedding was lovely thanks to the efficient and thoughtful planning of Rebekah and her family.

The wedding took place at Christ Church, Surrey, in a small, historic Anglican church… loved the beauty of wood and stain glass.  

Pastor Leyton Erickson from our home church married them – a blessing, since Andrew had always hoped for this. Andrew’s friend of many years, Jordan Smith, stood beside him, along  with Matthew.

I only have a few photos from the rehearsal to share, realizing that perhaps I shouldn’t spend time taking pictures during the wedding, but rather enjoy the experience! – which I certainly did… simply trying to take in all the day offered.  Which was much!!

I love how both Elaine and Elise use their hands to express themselves:)
Elise   
Elaine & Gregg Lowes [Rebekah's parents] & friend





 Gavin and Nadia [Jordan's wife & son]:  Gavin was the one and only child at the wedding and he was delightful.  He adjusted with great humor to all the attention he received.


And we ended our time in the area with a walk through the UBC Rose Garden. Perhaps a fitting end to a wonderful few days is this photo of white roses, of which there were many at the wedding.  

Known as the bridal rose, the white rose is a traditional wedding flower representative of unity, virtue, and the pureness of a new bond of love.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos, it is nice to see the boys all looking so grown up and handsome. They have all gotten tall and slender-- who would have thought they'd all look so much alike. I am sorry we weren't able to go to the wedding, it would have been wonderful to meet Rebekah's family and to be present at the ceremony. We went to a wedding today, and it was really nice. I am looking forward to meeting Rebekah and seeing andrew again soon, Michelle

    ReplyDelete